This section is dedicated to keeping you informed about the COVID vaccines. To learn more about the vaccines, check out the links to the left or right.
IN THIS SECTION ABOUT COVID-19 VACCINES
- COVID-19 Vaccines: Fast Facts
- What is mRNA and How Does it Work?
- How Does an mRNA Vaccine Work?
- How Do We Know they Are Safe and Effective?
- How Could They Be Made so Quickly and Still Be Safe?
Update May 7: All Marylanders 16 and older are now eligible for COVID-19 vaccines. For more information on vaccine eligibility, guidelines and timelines, please click here.
Appointments are now available at Mt. Vernon, Columbia, Glen Burnie, and Randallstown centers for Chase Brexton patients to receive their COVID-19 vaccine. To schedule your vaccination, visit https://chasebrexton.myezyaccess.com/ezbooking.
Because we are currently administering the Moderna vaccine, eligibility at Chase Brexton is limited to adults 18 and older.
These additional resources may help you locate a vaccine appointment near you:
- All Marylanders age 16 and older can now pre-register for an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine at a mass vaccination site.
- The Maryland Department of Health has an easy way to find a vaccine clinic near you. Click here to search for clinics using your zip code.
- VaccineFinder.org is a volunteer-run appointment finder system with live updates on local stocks of vaccine. Click here to search for providers with open vaccine appointments.
- The Maryland Department of Aging has a support number you can call: 855-MDGOVAX (855-634-6829). Open 7 days a week from 7am-10pm, the line is open to volunteers who will help people sign up for vaccine appointments.
- If you need a ride to your vaccine appointment or funds for parking or public transportation, help may be available. Forward your appointment confirmation to MDVaxRides@gmail.com and include your name, phone number, pickup address, vaccination site address, date + time of appointments.