COVID has taken many human lives. It is now the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States, just after heart disease and cancer.
If you are an established Chase Brexton patient, you may be able to receive the vaccine at our weekly clinic. Click here to find out more.
IN THIS SECTION ABOUT COVID-19 VACCINES
- What is mRNA and How Does it Work?
- How Does an mRNA Vaccine Work?
- How Do We Know they Are Safe and Effective?
- How Could They Be Made so Quickly and Still Be Safe?
- Vaccines have been and are being created to prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- There are currently two vaccines available.
- Both vaccines are mRNA vaccines - which is a newer type of vaccine.
- mRNA vaccines DO NOT contain any
- Virus - live, weakened, or dead
- Bacteria or other toxins
- Preservatives - including thimerasol
- Stem cells or fetal tissue
- Biological ingredients
- The current vaccines DO NOT contain the virus and they CANNOT make you sick with COVID-19.
- Both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are two dose vaccines:
- Pfizer - you must get your second dose 21 days after the first.
- Moderna - you must get your secon dose 28 days after the first.
- You must get the second dose to get the best immunity.
- After the second dose, both vaccines are about 95% effective at preventing COVID-19 infection.