Are you ready? Open Enrollment begins on November 1, 2019 and ends December 15, 2019.
Do you think you might be eligible for Medicaid or another health insurance plan under the Affordable Care Act and want to sign up? Not sure whether you qualify for coverage and need to find out? Our Social Work and Outreach Department is ready to help.
If you're a Chase Brexton patient, we offer two easy ways to meet with a case manager or eligibility specialist.
Make An Appointment
You'll need to bring the following items with you for your assessment:
- One month proof of income for everyone in your household
- 2018 tax return or one month of most recent pay stub
- We have a form if you do not have an income
- Proof of Identity (photo ID OR 2-3 proofs of identity such as medical records, SS card, school record, etc.)
- Birth certificate or permanent resident card
- Social Security Numbers
- Dates of Birth for all in the household
- Proof of Immigration status (Birth certificates, asylee/refugee approval, J-1/F-1/B-1 visa, Employment Authorization Card, Permanent Resident “Green” Card)
Am I eligible for new insurance?
With the Affordable Care Act, you may be eligible for insurance through Medicaid or for another qualified health insurance plan through Maryland Health Connection, the State's health insurance marketplace.
How can I find out what I qualify for?
If you are interested in getting health care at Chase Brexton, make an appointment with the Chase Brexton Social Work and Outreach Department for a free insurance assessment by calling 410-837-2050 x8806.
Do I have to enroll?
Starting in 2014, most Marylanders were required to have health insurance. If someone who can afford health insurance doesn't have coverage, they may be charged a fee by the IRS.
How and when can I enroll?
We would love to help you find an insurance plan that works for you. If you are interested in getting health care at Chase Brexton, call 410-837-2050 x8806 to set-up an appointment with any case manager to begin the process of enrolling.
Upcoming enrollment for qualified health plans is November 1 - December 15, 2018. Medicaid enrollment is year-round.
Who accepts the insurances on the health exchange?
You always have care at Chase Brexton Health Care. We're growing and expanding, adding more services and more providers at all our locations. Start your health care with us.
I have other questions!
If you have any questions about health coverage, please contact our Social Work and Outreach Department at 410-837-2050 x8806.